Friday, April 22, 2011

Resources and Ideas Shared on Unplugged Mom Radio Show

"Teachers are often just as oppressed as students are in
school environments as a result of test prep mania."
-Lisa Nielsen


I had the pleasure of being a guest on Laurette Lynn’s Unplugged Mom radio show which you can listen to below.  We had a great conversation where we discussed learning vs. schooling and how I am working to bring open source learning and child-lead learning principles into the school environment.  We also talked about how today's technology, internet and social networking can be useful in learning more and enriching our educational experiences for both children and parents!  We touched on internet apprenticeships, community learning, active parenting and more!  Lots of great info.  Many thanks to Laurette Lynn for inviting me to be on her show!


My interview starts at 19:00.  Following the interview you can see links to all the blog posts, people, videos, and ideas I mentioned.  You can click  “Contact Me” and find ways to connect to discuss the ideas further as well.


Listen to internet radio with The Unplugged Mom on Blog Talk Radio


Blog posts I mentioned
Topics I discussed
Websites I mentioned
  • http://InnovateMyClass.org/featured - See how young people are using technology for learning.
  • http://InnovationFieldTrips.org - See how schools are incorporating innovative practices into learning.
Video I mentioned
Learning thought leaders I mentioned
  • Penelope Trunk- Advice at the intersection of work, life, and family.
  • Will Richardson - Learning with the Read/Write web
  • Supplementing My Kids’ Education with Skype - note: My details of his use of Skype with his kids were a little fuzzy (I read this 4 years ago!), but the sentiment is right on.            
  • Kate Fridkis - Grown unschooler and writer who declares, “Superman is not worth the Wait.”
  • David Warlick - Learning in the new information landscape.
  • Marc Prensky - Learning designer and creator of the “partnering with students” pedagogy.  
Learning thought leaders whose ideas I shared but whose names I didn’t mention
My Free Parenting Booklet
 

My Book
 

No comments:

Post a Comment